Professional Job Search Workshop
Good morning students and alumni!
On Tuesday, March 20th, Joy Ulrich will be hosting a professional job search workshop from 12:10-12:55 pm in A2133.
As graduation approaches for some, and summer employment for others, we encourage you to start thinking of the professional job search. The workshop will address the actual job search, resumes, cover letters, references, and interviewing.
As you consider attending this workshop, I will leave you with the 5 steps of professional job searching. The workshop will expand much more on how to be successful at each step.
- Find your focus- who are you? what do you want? What do you have to offer?
- Research- what are the position titles and companies doing what I want to do?
- Create your marketing tools- resume, cover letter, references, online platform profiles (LinkedIn, Skillpics)
- Identify and expand your network- becoming known!
- Cherry pick opportunities- put in quality effort
See you on March 20th in A2133!